A 1960s 4 unit apartment building with 2 three bedroom apartments and 2 two bedroom apartments was thoroughly remodeled to bring it into compliance with current safety and energy codes.
• larger dual-pane glazing with low-e coating
• all new bamboo flooring
• all new bathroom and energy star rated kitchen appliances
• all new kitchen and bathroom casework
• all exterior walls fully insulated
• washer/dryers in every unit
• electric heat pumps in every unit for heating and air conditioning
• all compact and linear fluorescent light fixtures
Construction Cost: $200,000
Building Area: 3,900 s.f.
Energy and Resources: Low-e coated glazing, efficient heat pump heating and cooling, recycled content in interior finishes
Architect of Record: Erik Mar